Grains and field crops
Department of Agriculture
The following report was written in response to the Focus on the Future, a consultation paper for the State Sustainability Strategy for Western Australia.
The report discusses:
• recommendations for the Sustainability Policy Unit to consider when developing the State Sustainability Strategy.
• defining sustainability and the implications for agriculture;
• opportunities for moving towards a sustainable industry;
• trends and challenges faced by agriculture; and
• some case studies of how the agricultural sector is currently developing and implementing sustainable agricultural practices.
Number of Pages
Economic development, Western Australia, Agriculture, Environmental management, Sustainability, Resource management.
Bennett, A, and George, R. (2002), Department of Agriculture submission to the State Sustainability Strategy. Department of Agriculture, Perth. Report.
This file is 16.1 MB. Files over 3MB may be slow to open. For best results, right-click and select "save as..."